Tuesday, December 13, 2011

TV Movie - They Wait

So, I flipped on the SyFy channel while doing some light comic book reading and had this movie come on.  Info says:

They Wait -
A young mother and her six-year-old son come face to face with the mysteries of two murders and a great crime against the Chinese community into which they have recently arrived from Shanghai.


I thought, "eh, what the hell" and got sucked in to the point that I actually paused it to leave the room!  Now it could have been because my expectations were incredibly low but I thought it was pretty good.  I'm no expert of scary movies (mostly because my wife hates them) but this flick had good pace and was suspenseful and spooky without having to eviscerate anyone in front of school children, or some other equally shocking gore fest, which is a rarity these days.

My rating: 
 5/10  

Which is a solid entertaining recommendation on my board.

No comments:

One Stop Geek Shop Updates