Saturday, November 26, 2011

Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #79

What a fight!  This conclusion to the arch I posted about a few days ago was really a perfect closer.  The fight scenes in this issue are epic and easily my favorite battle against Doctor Octopus yet!  See for yourself:


Spider-Man and Doc Ock really push their abilities to the edge with this one which is apparent as they tear through the hospital.  This fight is a big reminder of just how dangerous Doc Ock is.  He uses his arms with finesse to handle delicate situations while also demonstrating the brute strength at his command.


Did anyone else know that Doctor Octopus is strong enough to throw a train car and stop a moving train coming head on without breaking a sweat?  Apparently I need to study up on my Marvel power charts.


When I read these last pages I couldn't help but wonder if the idea for the location of the final fight scene in the second Spider-Man movie, was based on this story because there are a ton of similarities.

Wishing I didn't need to sleep,
~Steve

No comments:

One Stop Geek Shop Updates