Saturday, November 19, 2011

Punisher TV Series - Please be Good!

If you've seen one "cop" show on TV you've seen them all.  So, the question is: will a cop show with the Punisher be any different?

I really REALLY want to say, "YES!" but my gut says, "I doubt it".  If the article comments are anything to judge by this will be an enormous failure and a spit in the face of every Punisher writer and the work they've done on the character, since his first appearance in Amazing Spider-Man #129 in 1974.

Being the glass is half full kinda guy that I am, I'm going to watch this and pray that they work magik on it.  Even though the premise of the Punisher being an active police officer doesn't work in the Marvel Universe doesn't mean it can't work on TV.  Right?

Check out the article here: Punisher TV Series

Also, since we're on the subject, the Punisher has always been kinda hit and miss for me but my all time favorite Punisher issue is Punisher War Journal #12 during the World War Hulk event written by Matt Fraction and drawn by Ariel Olivetti.  Ok so the Punisher can take out gangs and drug lords but what's he going to do again'st an alien invastion?  Kick their ass is what!  GREAT issue.


Waiting for my Frank Castle casting call,
~Steve

No comments:

One Stop Geek Shop Updates