Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Marvel Corner Box Variant Covers

I dig this idea!  Usually I couldn't care less about variant covers (unless they're done by Alex Ross) but this I can get into.  The corner box art seen on marvel comics of old is totally dismissed as insignificant when it comes to comic book covers but I've always disagreed and I'm glad to see that obviously others do too!

If you're wondering, "What's a cover box", here's what I'm talking about.  This is the cover box from Amazing Spider-Man #252:

So coming up this next February we should see some Variants coming out imitating and celebrating these little pieces of art so often overlooked!  Here's a couple previews:




 For a full list of comics that are going to include these variants, check out the CBR article Cover Box Variants!

Loving a nod to the old school,
~Steve

No comments:

One Stop Geek Shop Updates