Wednesday, July 16, 2014

New THOR #1 Thorina, Lady Thor, Thorette, Female Thor

So my first reaction was, "Thor's got boobs?!?"

Eh hem.  Ok now that that is out of the way, seriously a female Thor?  Look don't get me wrong I was on board with the female Loki.  That made sense, trickster god of mischief who can shape-shift, no big stretch.  But how exactly can they justify turning Thor into a lady?  We'll find out shortly since it's slated for publishing in October but I don't know how they're going to pull this off believably.  (And yes I do see the irony in asking a comic book plot line about Norse Gods to be more believable)


Look I know what the hammer says, it's like an incantation we chant at Geekaholics Anonymous: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor".  But lets get literal.  It says, "shall possess the power of Thor" not "shall become Thor".

Jerk: But if you have the powers of Thor doesn't that make you Thor?

Me: No!  If you got the powers of Superman would you be Superman? No! You'd just be some jerk with Supermans powers.

See more @ CBR.com Here and Other Here.

Wondering what the female version of myself looks like,
~Steve

No comments:

One Stop Geek Shop Updates